giovedì 24 ottobre 2013

Mango Star Miranda Kerr Uses Coconut Oil "in the Bedroom"

elle fashion
Photo: Inez and Vinoodh for Mango
I thought I was having a good hair day—and then I met Miranda Kerr. Curled on a couch at the Gramercy Park Hotel, the supermodel wore skinny jeans, a blazer, and no makeup. Her long, shiny hair hung loose down her back.


And while I'll never have her genetics, her husband, Orlando Bloom, or even her "I just woke up this way" brand of wavy hair, I can get the dream girl's outfit—and you can, too. Kerr just teamed with photographers Inez and Vinoodh to shoot Mango's latest collection, and all the affordable clothes are available to buy.


Here, Kerr speaks about her Mango shoot, doing yoga with her son, and how to keep a straight face on the catwalk.

You've shot for Mango before. What's different this time around?
In this shoot, you can see a masculine side and punk side coming through. This is more grungy than before, and I really like that.
"Grunge" and "punk" aren't two words normally associated with you...
Which is good! It's really good to be able to express different sides of yourself, and it's interesting because we used the same photographers as the last Mango shoot, but we got a different outcome. It's good to show that versatility, because it shows the way you dress and the way you carry yourself can really change the whole dynamic of your personality. That's what I think is great about clothes: you can use them to express how you're feeling in that moment. And the thing with Mango is you can buy them anywhere in the world, and they're also quite affordable. So they make self-expression easy.
Did you have a favorite piece from the campaign?
The boyfriend blazer and the boyfriend jeans are super cool, and I quite like the coats. This coat here… [points to a shot from the catalog]. I actually think this should have been the cover shot. It's really cool!
Oh my gosh, you should be an art director next!
[Laughs] Right, because I don't have enough to do!
Yeah, you're pretty busy. I saw you making muffins for a Net-A-Porter video yesterday. They looked yummy! And I like how you substituted honey for sugar.
You should always do that. There are a few things that are always good substitutes: Coconut oil instead of any other oil, because you can raise it to the highest cooking temperature, and it still works, and then honey instead of sugar or goat's milk instead of cow's milk. Cow's milk is very hard to digest…Do you know your blood type? Because if you know what it is, you can look online and find out what foods act like medicine in your body and foods that act like poison. It really works. You should look it up!
I will! But what's with you and coconut oil? You talk about it in so many interviews.
I think everyone should have coconut oil for more reasons than one. You can use it in your hair, you can use it as a makeup remover, you can cook with it, you can use it in the bedroom! Um… [Laughs]
Yeah?
You can though—it's quite versatile, that coconut oil! [Laughs] You know, now I really need to do a coconut oil campaign in which I talk about all of this. That would be funny, right?
Yes! So we're both flying to Paris tonight. Any tips for jet lag?
I try to always sleep on the plane, if you can. And as soon as you get off the plane, look up and get a little sunlight in your eyes. And also as soon as you can, take your shoes off and put your feet on the ground, in the grass. It's good to re-center yourself. And use rose hip oil during the flight to stay hydrated. There's a really good one from my skincare line, KORA Organics, and I use it on flights. That way, your skin won't be dry or dull once you land.
What about tips for keeping a straight face when you want to start laughing? It must be hard on the runway.
I know! It's funny, right? It just takes mind control. When you have to be serious doing Balenciaga, Stella McCartney, or Chanel, you just have to focus. At the end of the day, people are there to look at the clothes. And I try not to make eye contact with anyone, because if you make eye contact with someone on the runway, it's over! You have to stay in the zone, feel the music, and feel the clothes.
Everyone's talking about Nicolas Ghesquière right now. What was it like to walk for Balenciaga while he was there? Especially right after having a baby?
Balenciaga was spur of the moment. I'd worked with Nicolas a few seasons before. I think he's a genius, and we really connected and appreciated each other. So I was walking for him before I was pregnant, and then I walked for him while I was pregnant, and then I walked for him as soon as I had the baby. And I just really appreciate him. He's a really good person. He's so creative and so talented.
And you were on the Balenciaga runway two months after giving birth.
The trick is to be gentle with yourself! Don't be hard on yourself. Be gentle and focus on filling your body with nutrients. Don't think about calories. Calories will drive you mad, and then you'll crave things just because you can't have them, and that's when you start eating sweets. And I don't believe in working out really soon after giving birth. I mean, every body is different and every birth is different, but I think you have to be really gentle. I started really gently doing yoga. Then I did Pilates, which is a bit more intense, and finally some light resistance training. But it was very gentle and very organic. My workout was, like, hiking with the baby. Because it's something you can do together as a family, and it's easy and it's fun. And when I do yoga at home, Flynn will be there jumping around next to me and it's fine.
Now that he's a bit older, does Flynn do yoga with you?
Oh yeah! Flynn is very good at downward dog!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento